Every year millions of graduates go out of school without a job. If you are among the numbers, here in this post we will be talking about NCAC recruitments, we will guide you by providing you with the job requirements, academic qualifications needed, supporting documents, and show you how to apply on the NCAC recruitment portal.
The National Council for Arts and Culture (NCAC) recruiting refers to the recruiting procedure undertaken by the NCAC in several countries. The NCAC is a government institution in charge of promoting, preserving, and developing arts and culture in the country.
The recruitment process seeks qualified individuals who are enthusiastic about arts and culture and has the skills and expertise necessary to contribute to the organization’s goals.
The NCAC has career openings in a variety of fields, including arts administration, cultural preservation, event organizing, marketing, and research. Typically, the recruitment process entails posting open positions, accepting applications, conducting interviews and evaluations, and selecting the best applicants to join the firm.
Successful NCAC candidates will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and enriching environment dedicated to promoting and maintaining the country’s diverse arts and cultural heritage.
They may organize cultural events, exhibitions, and festivals, coordinate arts education programs, do research on cultural practices, and develop policies to conserve and promote traditional arts and crafts.
Employees at the NCAC have possibilities for professional growth and development as they work with artists, cultural organizations, and stakeholders on a national and international scale.
Aside from that, the NCAC Recruitment provides individuals with the opportunity to contribute to their country’s cultural landscape and have a meaningful impact on the preservation and promotion of arts and culture.
NCAC Recruitment Requirements 2023
Not knowing the requirements of any work or job organization will do you more harm than good. It will hinder you from having a successful application. All the job or recruitment organizations have their various criteria’s for employing candidates and unless those working conditions are being met, you cannot be gainfully employed.
Below is the list of requirements expected to be met by candidates who are applying for the job.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter
- Educational Qualifications
- Work Experience
- Professional Certifications
- Valid Identification (e.g., National ID Card, International Passport)
- Proof of Nigerian Citizenship
- Passport-sized Photographs
- References/Recommendation Letters
- Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose
- Academic Transcripts
- Skills and Competencies
- Language Proficiency
- Computer Literacy
- Age Limit (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate
- Employment History
- Salary Expectations
- Availability/Notice Period
- Portfolio/Work Samples (for creative roles)
- Driving License (for driving-related positions)
- Research Publications (for academic/research positions)
- Bank Account Details for Salary Payments
- Letters of Recommendation
- Written Tests/Examinations
- Interview Performance
- Background Checks
- Presentation Skills (for certain positions)
- Problem-Solving Abilities
- Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Leadership Experience
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Analytical Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Decision-Making Abilities
- Ethical Conduct
NCAC Academic Requirements 2023
|1: Minimum Age||18|
|2: Computer literacy||added advantage|
|3: Minimum Height||not necessary|
|4: Academic Requirements||Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND depending on the position.|
- Applicants MUST have their National Identification Number (NIN), a Functional Email address, and a valid phone number before they commence the application.
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND depending on the position.
- Any added certificate either postgraduate or professional certification will be of advantage.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate may be required.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in fewer than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- Applicants must be willing to work under pressure.
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills.
- Candidates with a bad criminal record excluding road traffic offenses will not be accepted to work with this agency.
- Computer literacy is an added advantage.
- Interested candidates must have good communication skills.
Other Important Requirements to take note of:
1. Secondary School Certificate:
A minimum requirement for most job positions in Nigeria is the completion of secondary education, which typically involves obtaining the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s Degree:
Many professional and managerial positions require a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The specific field of study may vary depending on the job requirements. Common degrees include Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), and Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.).
3. Master’s Degree:
Certain higher-level positions, especially in specialized fields or senior management roles, may require a master’s degree (e.g., Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science (M.Sc.), etc.).
4. Professional Certifications:
Depending on the industry and job role, specific professional certifications may be required or preferred. For example, in the accounting field, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) certifications are highly regarded.
5. Vocational or Technical Training:
For technical and vocational roles, such as tradesmen, technicians, or artisans, specific vocational or technical training certifications may be required. These certifications demonstrate competence in a particular skill or trade.
How to Apply for NCAC Recruitment – step by step guide
Are you a job applicant and you have gotten everything set in place like the job academic requirements, documents needed for the application process?
Now is time to apply, not everyone knows how to apply, so we have developed a guide to help you apply successfully on the portal, kindly follow the procedures below for a successful application.
– NCAC Recruitment Portal Guide –
1. Visit the Official Website of National Council for Arts and Culture (NCAC)
Start by visiting the official website of the National Council for Arts and Culture (NCAC) to access the recruitment portal. The website address is usually www.ncac.gov.ng. Check for any specific instructions or announcements regarding ongoing recruitment.
2. Read the Job Requirements to know what is needed
On the NCAC website, look for the recruitment area or the “Career” or “Vacancies” page.
Evaluate the available job openings and their requirements, such as school requirements, work experience, skills, and any other eligibility criteria. Before continuing with the application, ensure that you meet the required credentials.
3. Get the required documents needed ready
Gather all the necessary documents required for the application process. This may include your resume or curriculum vitae (CV), educational certificates, professional certifications, identification documents (such as a National ID card or international passport), and any other supporting documents specified in the job advertisement.
4. Fill Out the Application Form filed provided on the portal
Use the NCAC recruitment portal to access the online application form. Fill out all of the needed information completely and accurately. Personal information, contact information, educational background, work experience, and any other relevant information asked may be included.
5. Upload Supporting Documents you have scanned from your system or flash
Please provide the necessary documentation with your application. Scanning or uploading electronic copies of your certifications, resume/CV, and any other supporting papers is frequently required. Follow the steps to verify that your documents are uploaded correctly and in the correct format (e.g., PDF, JPEG, etc.).
6. Review and Submit you application
Before submitting your application, carefully review all the information you have provided to ensure its accuracy and completeness. Make sure that the attached documents are clear and legible. Once you are satisfied with your application, submit it through the online portal.
7. Keep Track of Application Status to know if you have been selected
Take note of any confirmation or reference number supplied after completing your application. This will allow you to keep track of the status of your application. You may receive email updates or be able to access the recruitment portal to track the status of your application.
8. Prepare effectively for Examinations or Interviews that is coming up
If your application is shortlisted, you may be invited to participate in additional assessments, such as written exams, interviews, or other rounds of selection. Research the NCAC, understand the job requirements, and practice common interview questions relating to the position you apply for to prepare for these examinations.
What is the Age Limit for A Job Recruitment in Nigeria?
How to Create a Good Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) for NCAC Job Recruitment Application
A curriculum vitae (CV), which is Latin for “course of life,” is an extensive professional document that highlights one’s education, experience, and accomplishments. A CV may also include professional references, courses, fieldwork, hobbies, and interests related to your profession.
You may also want to include a personal profile on your CV that outlines your abilities and positive traits to provide employers with a more complete picture of your personality and achievements.
CV vs. resume
Employers in certain fields, such as academia, education, science, and research, may request a CV as part of your job application instead of a resume in the United States. A CV is usually longer than a resume and includes sections for research and publications, presentations, and professional associations.
CVs are often two or more pages long, whereas resumes are normally one page long. Outside of the United States, the phrases are frequently used interchangeably, which means that your one-page resume is usually adequate for a job application when the employer asks a CV.
Your CV should include the following sections:
Qualifications and skills
Awards and honors
Publications and presentations
Grants and scholarships
Licenses and certifications
What is the function of the National Council for Arts and Culture?
Established in 1975, the National Council for Arts and Culture (NCAC) is a Federal Government organ, charged with the responsibility of coordination, development and promotion of the Living Arts and Culture of Nigeria at national and international fora.
How much do you get paid in National Council for Arts and Culture?
The salary range for people working in Nigeria in Arts & Culture is typically from 89,779 NGN (minimum salary) to 232,660 NGN (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the total monthly salary including bonuses.
What Are the Functions of Art?
Next time you are trying to understand a piece of art, try to remember these four points: (1) context and (2) personal, (3) social, and (4) physical functions.
What are the courses under art department in Nigeria?
- African and Asian Studies.
- Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- Arabic Language.
- Arabic Language and Literature.
- Arabic Studies.
- Archaeology and Tourism.
What are the working conditions in Nigeria?